Monday, March 5, 2007

Week 7 # 16 Wikis

I looked at a couple Wiki sites; The Albany County Public Library Staff Wiki and Book Lovers Wiki. I was a little suprised to read that Albany is still using library checkout cards and just moving to a receipt printer! I really liked the idea of the Book Lovers Wiki. People seem to like reviews written by regular folks and not paid book reviewers and the link directly to the library site to see if that book is on the shelf is great.

I think Wikis would be great for libraries to use for Policy and Procedure. Not necessary to change written procedures, but for staff to offer suggestions to those procedures. As things change, so do the way things are done at libraries.

I figured out how to add my blog name to the list of Favorites, but all I could do was add the name of a restaurant, but couldn't figure out how to add a link to it, help!

UPDATE: I realized what I was doing wrong. I forgot to log into the Sandbox first! After doing that, I was able to add a link to my restaurant. Oh, I almost deleted all the entries too! Thank goodness they give you a warning and ask if you REALLY want to do that.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

We enjoy reading your blog entries. If you are unable to figure out some of things you mention, contact one of us (Sandra S., Jean H., April G., etc). --Christine Holmes