Sunday, March 18, 2007

Week 10 Lesson 23 Summarize my thoughts

Well, I have to say that I've really enjoyed this whole experience. I did learn a lot of new things and hope to use many of them in the future. I especially liked play week, in which I discovered the comicstrip generator. I really like de.lic.ious too. Such a simple idea really, and I wish I'd known about it sooner. Each time IT reimages our computers, I had to copy all my "favorites" or risk losing them. Now, I can save them on de.lic.ious and they'll always be saved.

I think lifelong learning is something that I will always experience. Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher, but life took me in a different direction. Working in a library for the past 17 years, has given me a chance to still teach, but in a different way. It's wonderful when someone thanks you for helping them find the information they're looking for. I like it even better when I can show them how to find information on their own, especially the younger people we encounter each day. It's great too, when someone shows me new things and I thank all of you (who contributed to this project) for doing that for me.

As far as what could have been done differently, I'd say some of the directions weren't as clear as I'd hoped they would have been, but I was able to figure most things out on my own. I don't mind playing around on the different sites to see what I can find out.

I'd gladly participate in another project like this, and if I can offer a suggestion, I'd love to learn more about our databases and how to use them. I know they're full of information, but again, they're a little daunting to use.

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations! You finished the 23 things! Thank you for the feedback and insightful comments throughout the program. Keep learning - you are on your way with 2.0.

#1Twin said...

Thanks for all your wonderful feedback. I really did enjoy this experience and we're getting the rest of our staff here at BB up and going. I'll share my experience with them too.